+7 (8142) 59 33 20
Этот адрес электронной почты защищен от спам-ботов. У вас должен быть включен JavaScript для просмотра.
Вам помогут
DSC00718
Тихонова Татьяна
Почта:
Этот адрес электронной почты защищен от спам-ботов. У вас должен быть включен JavaScript для просмотра.
: 677-925-706
: karelianholidaysinfo
Тел.: 8 (8142) 59 33 20
 
hGinj J-N90
Шахнович Максим
Почта:
Этот адрес электронной почты защищен от спам-ботов. У вас должен быть включен JavaScript для просмотра.
: 269-276-955
: omaximkao
Тел.: 8 (8142) 59 33 21
 

Muromsky monastery of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin

Muromsky monastery of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin is situated on the east coast of Lake Onega on the peninsula which was called Muromsky or Much in the old days. The monastery is found at the inflow of Muromka river which binds two lakes – Onega and Muromsky.
The foundation of the monastery is dated from XIV century, though modern research gives reason to doubt this date. Anyway Muromsky monastery is one of the oldest cloisters in Karelia.

The founder of the monastery – reverend.
The rebirth of the monastery occurred in 1867 and is connected with the name of Ivan Malokroshechny, the honored citizen of Pudozh who donated 12 thousand rubles.

In 1866 a new temple of the Assumption with two side-altars was erected. A bell-tower with 12 bells was built above its ledge. In 1891 a stone five-headed church of All Saints decorated with icons of reverends Lazarus and Afanasiy Muromsky was built and sanctified. (Afanasiy Muromsky was Father Superior of the monastery in the middle of XV century and was acknowledged on level with reverend Lazarus). The main sanctuaries of the cloister – the relics of reverends Lazarus and Afanasiy Muromsky – lied under a bushel in two chapels. The monastery was surrounded with a stone fence.

In 1886 a big wooden temple was placed on the old wooden church of Lazarus Resurrection. Its walls and roof became a kind of a cover protecting the relics. Church services in it occurred once a year in Lazarus Saturday.

After the establishing of Soviet regime in Karelia the monastery property was confiscated, on the territory of the monastery they carried on courses for agriclutural instructors, the dwelling spaces were given to workers of the local timber mill. In 1919 an agricultural commune named after Trotsky was organized in the place of the cloister. After 1945 an invalid house was situated there and since the middle of the 1960s the place became desolate.

The ancient church of Lazarus Resurrection was neglected for a long time. In 1954 architect A.V. Opolovnikov prepared a project of reconstruction of the temple in which a small iconostasis of XVI century was kept. In 1959 the church was pulled down and rafted to Kizhi where it was built anew. The temple became a pearl of the exhibition and was included in the list of the museum relics as the oldest monument of wooden architecture in Russia.

The rebirth of the monastery began in January of 1991. To the end of XX century the walls of the temple of the Assumption, frame of the church of All Saints and a destructed brothers block were there to find. At the present time they have restored the brothers block in which the winter church of Prelate Nicolas was placed, a refectory and cells. The cover chapel above the church of Lazarus is rebuilt to a summer temple; the bell-tower was restored. The monastery is still a place of strict secluded life. Connections with the outer world are unavailable there for months.